quarta-feira, 11 de abril de 2012

Dear visitor...

Welcome to Faro Flautista!

This blog has as its central topic the transverse flute - the instrument I chose to be my companion in my career as a professional musician. My objective is to write posts about the flute material which belong to my personal archive. I'll write about flute-related books, treatises, methods, and articles that I judge to be important, interesting and/or curious, aiming to put the reader in contact with them and their contents.

A big portion of the material that I have belongs to the collections of facsimiles published by Fuzeau. Those facsimiles where published in France between the years of 1500 and 1860 and consist of almost a hundred diverse publications including transverse flute and recorder methods, entries in music dictionaries and general encyclopaedias, paragraphs destined to the flute in instrumentation treatises, and some articles. It is a very rich material, which is filled with curiosities and is very useful to help tracing a history of the flute and its techniques. Some other books from the 18th century which are not included in the Fuzeau collections are also part of my personal archive, as well as many flute publications of the 20th and 21th centuries.
 
















Above, on the left, the collection "Flûte à Bec", which contains recorder material published in France between the years 1500 and 1800. To the right, the collection "Flûte Traversière", with transverse flute material published in the same country between the years 1800 and 1860. There are also two extra volumes to that collection with material published between the years 1600 and 1800.

This blog has some preliminary posts dealing with the basics of the flute. They were written intending to give the complete beginner a basis to understand what is going on in this blog (ver "O básico sobre a flauta"*, in the "Content" session, on the right). The next posts, however, will get more deep in the subject. They will contain many musical theory terms, as well as flute-technique terminology. Since I don't plan to give explanations about them in the posts, I have written a small glossary*. That way, I'll be able to reach both the beginner and the initiated: giving explanations to the first; writing a more straightforward text to the former

Hoping to reach a wider audience, I plan to write posts both in English and Portuguese. To have access to all the posts written in English, look for "Posts in English", just below this blog's banner. To read them in Portuguese, click on "Postagens em português", at the same location.

That being said, I welcome you once more and invite you to leave me your comments and suggestions. 

Hope you enjoy it!

*Only available in Portuguese.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário